Monday 11 January 2016

Zanzibar (3) Beautiful colour



Everywhere I went there were women dressed in various combinations of patterns and colour. It was so cheerful to see in this hot climate. Due to their religion many woman have to have their heads and shoulders covered. I did try to wear a shawl over my head and shoulders but omg it was so hot and humid that really I don't know how these woman do it. It may have kept the sun off my shoulders but it sure make my face red and I am glad I don't have to do it on an everyday basis..

Most of these pictures were taken from the car window as we buzzed along so some of the clarity is missing but you will get the general idea.




Here I am with my head covered
but oh my it was so hot and we
were standing under a red plastic
cover hence the very red glow
to the picture.

Even her make up was bright and suited her so well. 



Yellow was one of my favourite colours. 


Beautiful girl. 



This lady standing here was ready
to sell the piles of wood in a floral outfit which
reminded me of the 70's prints.

Happy Days. 











No comments:

Post a Comment